The purpose of the Glenwood School Community is to provide every student with a challenging educational program which develops and nurtures self-esteem, intellectual curiosity, independent thinking, and, in the process, creates a happy and productive citizen.
Glenwood is a place where you will find dedicated educators, committed families, and engaged students working collaboratively to create a positive and rigorous 21st century learning environment. Students and teachers have mutual respect and high expectations in order to foster college and career readiness skills.
- High academic standards
- Strong parent involvement
- Integration of a variety of technological tools for research, writing, projects, and communication in a state-of-the-art technology lab and in all classrooms
- Collaborative work toward common goals
- Emphasis on basic skills instruction that stresses math and language arts grade-level mastery
- Hands-on K-5 program in the life, earth, and physical sciences that stimulates student interest and curiosity
- Specialized music program that highlights singing, rhythmic notation, movement, and instruments
- Innovative art program that combines art history with the basic elements of art and principles of design
- Regular physical conditioning and activities that build skills, coordination, and sportsmanship